How to create a randomly generated ID for survey | XM Community
Question

How to create a randomly generated ID for survey

• 14 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello! 

I am new to Qualtrics and find some things very confusing. 

I have created two different Qualtrics surveys and I have used embedded data to create a randomly-generated ID for each participant in the first survey. Participants then need to use that code for second survey, however, I don’t understand how to go about this in a way that works. I tried using workflow to import the ID information to the second survey but it doesn’t seem to work. 

Thanks very much in advance! 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @MariaSp,
You can use XM directory task in the workflow to import those IDs (specific to each respondent) in their contact information as an embedded data.

Then use Authenticator in the beginning of the second survey which will ask the respondent to enter their ID (received from the first survey) and verify the same.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

I like the solution provided above, however an alternative is if you can create sets of personalised links & provide participants matching corresponding links.  You can also look to embed the 2nd link into the 1st survey but this gets a bit more complicated. 

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/personal-links/#Introduction

Userlevel 4
Badge +22

Another solution is to create an embedded data in survey flow of first survey - 

And use it as supplement data for the next survey.

Leave a Reply