Importing Phone Number From Another Survey for Text Distribution | XM Community

Importing Phone Number From Another Survey for Text Distribution

• 9 August 2022
  • 1 reply

I am looking for some help with the messages/contacts features in Qualtrics and thought somebody in this group might be able to assist. We are hoping to have one survey (Survey A) be a sign up survey wherein we collect participants' contact information (email and phone number) and then to have another survey (Survey 😎 be sent to the email and phone number (text) that they provided in Survey A. I can see how to set up a contact list to import data from a survey BUT I can't seem to get it to properly import a phone number from the survey (yes, the number has a country code). In other words, if I fill out Survey A and then try to schedule a distribution of Survey B, the phone number field does not seem to show up as an option. TIA

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hello tmb172
You can create two workflows here, both will be the same XM Directory Task but different operations in both of them.

1. On survey response recorded update the phone number of the contact or create new based on the response received. Update an additional field which can be used to run the second workflow.

2. This workflow will be used to distribute survey with same XM Directory task. And pipe the necessary fields. You should be able to achieve the desired flow.

Hope this helps!

Leave a Reply