adding existing topics for text comments | XM Community
Solved

adding existing topics for text comments

• 2 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Regarding adding topics to the text comments in text IQ feature, i know we can search and build query and create topics to which we want to tag them. but if we have already built the topics from before - how we add the new comments to those topics? - when we dont wish toc reate new, rather add multiple comemtns from our search to previous topics.

if this is not possible - how can we build this to automate tagging in future?

icon

Best answer by Nam Nguyen 5 September 2023, 06:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Reema_Karanwal There’s a + button under the comment so you can tag them with the topic.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

HI @Reema_Karanwal 

New comments are automatically added to existing topics 

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/text-iq/text-iq-functionality/?parent=p00231#AddingNewResponses

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi, thanks for your response, i know about the “+” button to add topic and also know that new comments will be added to the comments based on the query i have created for new topics.

However, my questions is:

• if i already have a list of topics created in TextIQ (from previous manual creation) and now when i am searching for comments from the new antagged responses - how can i assign them to those previous list of topics and i dont have to do so individually by clicking on + button.

was i able to explain myself?

Thanks for looking into my query.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Reema_Karanwal Oh you want to assign a bunch of them to premade topic.
Unfortunately, the topic is built on query so if you want to add multiple of comment to it you have to update the query. Add your search phase to the topic with < || or >, refine it with <&& and>..etc..
See more: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/text-iq/topics-in-text-iq/#ManagingTopics

Note: If you want some fine-tuned topic, this is gonna be exhausting. Trust me!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@dxconnamnguyen  Thank you.

So, when you say its exhausting? - should i not try to automate topic assignment? 

how is it recommended to assign comments to topics (based on queries) when you have feedback in large volume.?

I have already been working with manual topic creation until now and very recently got to know about query feature. now looks like i need to build query and assign all the historic comments to new topics, delete the old topics…

please let me know if you are aware about any webinar coming up for Text IQ or Stats IQ - i would like to attend it to know more and use it for my work.

thank you!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@dxconnamnguyen  through some R&D i am able to update the existing topics with query, now will wait to see if new comments automatically get tagged to these topcis :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Reema_Karanwal It will get tagged
Check out the event for future webinar: https://community.qualtrics.com/events

Leave a Reply