Best practive for test/production data separation in EX | XM Community
Question

Best practive for test/production data separation in EX

• 20 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I am quite new to EX and have my background in the CX context. With Qualtrics CX, data separation can be handled with different XM directories and/or custom embedded data fields indicating the source system. 

Now I was wondering if it’s possible to have multiple Employee directories as well and if not, what are the alternatives to differ test and production data (e.g. integrated from SuccessFactors). I mean you need to test properly and it’s very important that you don’t make any mistakes here. What are your experiences with it? Using some metadata field? 

Best
Christian

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

If you are specifically asking regarding SuccessFactors Integration task, then you can use Data project to load the Employee data during testing and confirm all good, replace the import data to data project task with EX directory task. Please check the step 18 QTip here.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

If you are specifically asking regarding SuccessFactors Integration task, then you can use Data project to load the Employee data during testing and confirm all good, replace the import data to data project task with EX directory task. Please check the step 18 QTip here.

Hi @Shashi I think the link is not working, always navigates me to my community post… 

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Hi @Shashi I think the link is not working, always navigates me to my community post… 

Link updated - https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-page/etl-workflows/data-extractor-tasks/extract-data-from-successfactors-task/#Setup

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Shashi I think the link is not working, always navigates me to my community post… 

Link updated - https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-page/etl-workflows/data-extractor-tasks/extract-data-from-successfactors-task/#Setup

Thank you! That already helped. Do you know if there is any other general approach to distinguish test and production data? I mean maybe it is necessary to do further testing while the project is already live because you did some adjustments… 

Leave a Reply