Manage Contact List using a form | XM Community
Question

Manage Contact List using a form

• 26 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I want to use a form to manage a contact list.  I can easily ADD a record (contact) to the list and Edit one.  I can do this through a form to gather info (new or changed) and then use a Workflow to update the contact list.  

BUT, I’d also like to allow the deletion of a contact.  Anyone have an idea of how to delete a contact using a Workfow?  If not delete, perhaps “Opt-out” for the contact (record)?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello  @MartyK

Currently, there are no events directly avaialble in workflow to delete or opt out from a list. However, this functionality can be achieved using APIs. For more detailed information, please refer to the following link:

Link to API documentation.

Let me know if this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks @Sachin Nandikol!  Interesting. I’ll look it over.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

So went to the APIs and struggling with how to access a contact list.  It’s failing on the Directory ID.  When I search the support documentation, I see that the organization has a “default Directory ID”  and I can find the Contact List’s Directory ID via the URL when I open it (or when I export it).  But none of them are working in the API.  So I’m assuming I’m missing something as to identifying the DirectoryID.

So, where do I find Community Help on API calls to Contact Lists?

Leave a Reply