Difference Directory Respondent Funnel and Contact Data | XM Community
Question

Difference Directory Respondent Funnel and Contact Data

• 5 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I'm a bit confused by the apparent changes in how we can visualize distribution in CX Dashboards.

First I read this: Distribution Reporting (CX) (qualtrics.com). But this method seems deprecated:

Attention: The XM Directory Respondent Funnel can accomplish the same analysis as distribution reporting with an easier setup. After August 31, 2022 users will not be able to add new data sources or create new dashboard pages from the Directory Respondent page template. Additionally, we are currently not enabling distribution reporting for any new customers at this time. Reach out to your Account Executive or XM Success Manager to learn more.

Second, I read this: XM Directory Respondent Funnel (qualtrics.com). This seems to work, although the delays make it a bit inconvenient:

Qtip: Depending on size, dashboards containing a Respondent Funnel source may only be able to be recached once every 24 hours. Recaching is triggered whenever fields in the Dashboard Data are changed, added, or removed. We recommend making all of your Dashboard Data modifications at once, when possible.

Third, I read this: Using Contact Data as a CX Dashboard Source (qualtrics.com). I don't fully get the difference between the Funner and the Contact Data:

Direxctory Respondent Funnel: XM Directory users can visualize CX program metrics such as email open rate and survey response rate with the use of the Respondent Funnel. The Respondent Funnel allows XM Directory distribution and contact metrics, transactional data, Embedded Data, and even contact import automation failures to be uploaded into CX Dashboards for transparency with all your key stakeholders.

Contact Data: Sometimes, you may want to create dashboards to get insights on your customer panels and the contact data stored in XM Directory. CX Dashboards lets you use this contact data as a datasource, allowing you to visualize up-to-date data from your contacts to understand your customers in real time. Once mapped, contact data sources act just like regular survey data sources.

Can anyone explain the difference?

I just need to add information such as Email Sent, Email Bounce, etc. in my widgets.

1 reply

Badge

I think one difference between the Respondent Funnel and Contact Data for CX Dashboards is a matter of different datasets. The Respondent Funnel provides a dataset of email distributions based on responses (i.e., open emails rate, response rate, etc.) while the Contact Data provides a dataset of respondent contact info (e.g., email, phone, contact creation date, contact modified date, etc.). Be great to have someone clarify this. I wish the Respondent Funnel worked for the distributions of Course Evaluations too.

@JohannesCE

I think one difference between the Respondent Funnel and Contact Data for CX Dashboards is a matter of different datasets. The Respondent Funnel provides a dataset of email distributions based on responses (i.e., open emails rate, response rate, etc.) while the Contact Data provides a dataset of respondent contact info (e.g., email, phone, contact creation date, contact modified date, etc.). Be great to have someone clarify this. I wish the Respondent Funnel worked for the distributions of Course Evaluations too.

Leave a Reply