Counting responses and displaying them in a response email | XM Community
Solved

Counting responses and displaying them in a response email

• 28 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

In my survey I am creating multiple choice questions and I would like to have variables which increment by 1 for each time the user selects A, B, etc. In other words, these variables will keep track of how many times the user selects each response, and keep a total for A, a total for B, etc. Then, I want to show the user their totals in an email. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 29 April 2023, 22:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Hi @krisztian_domotor ,

You can create embedded data for each choice and update it by +1 each time the user clicks that options using JS.
Then you can pipe the same variable in emails also.

Hope this resolves your query😊!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You can use the scoring functionality of Qualtrics: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/scoring/

This will automatically create an embedded data which stores the score. Since, you want to increment it by 1 so, you can give score 1 for Option A as well as for Option B. At the end of the survey or in email notification you can pipe-text the scoring embedded data.

Badge +2

@MohammedAli_Rajapkar @qualtrics_nerd  Thank you for these ideas, I have set up the scoring functionality in my survey and it seems to serve its purposes well. However the scores are still not showing up in the Thank You Email. I used embedded data fields in the saved message, but where I type embedded data in the saved message there is blank space in the actual email. Is there something I am missing here?

(This is from the saved message)

(This is from the thank you email)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you try checking by pipe-text the scoring embedded data in the normal email task? Also, you can see the scoring value in the data and analysis, correct?

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/email-task/

Just to check if its working with the email task.

Badge +2

I can see the scoring embedded data in the Data and Analysis tab. Also it doesn’t seem like scoring is an option in the normal email task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Try to capture the scoring value in a new embedded data in the survey flow and then use the new embedded data as a piped-text.

Leave a Reply