Creating hyperlink with piped text from embedded data | XM Community
Solved

Creating hyperlink with piped text from embedded data

• 13 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi everyone,

I’ve had a look at previous answers and they don’t seem to quite fit what I’m doing (unless I’ve missed something?).

Background:

I’m sending out a survey (survey 2) with the first question embedded in the invitation email to participants within a directory. This is to prompt a response to why they didn’t complete the main survey (survey 1) when initially invited and reminder previously.

If they answer this first question in the email, they’re taken to the survey on Qualtrics where they’ll be asked if they would still like to complete survey 1 and, if the answer is ‘yes’, they’ll be provided with their unique URL to survey 1.

This survey URL includes two pieces of embedded data from the directory, piped into it, to personalise it. This is important for the functioning of survey 1 as some of the questions use display logic based on embedded data that will come from this URL, and the other embedded data from this URL is important for labelling the response.

At present, if they say ‘yes’ to doing survey 1, they they are provided with the URL as a text ‘question’ and asked to copy and paste it into their browser, something like this: https://QUALTRICS URL?usid=${m://LastName}&group=${e://Field/Group1}

Question:

Is there a way to have this URL, with the included piped text, be displayed and function as a hyperlink so it can be clicked on rather than having to be copied and pasted?

From what I can tell, using the <other> protocol works but not quite as I expect it to (then again, I don’t really understand the query strings stuff it’s talking about) - here and here.

I would be grateful if someone could (a) tell me if what I want to do is possible and, if so, (b) how to do it.

Many thanks,
Kate.

icon

Best answer by Shashi 13 February 2024, 14:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Try using anchor tag in the HTML view of the question.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you @Shashi!

Leave a Reply