How do I the > and < symbols from my next and back buttons? | XM Community
Solved

How do I the > and < symbols from my next and back buttons?

Badge +2

Hi all,

I changed my next and back buttons to text, which added in < and > symbols, e.g. “next >”. I now want to change them back to the default arrows but when I paste in an arrow →  it still has the > symbol. There does not seem to be an option to restore the button defaults without restoring all of the theme changes.

This is what it looks like in my dashboard.
What shows up.

How can I remove the >?

Thanks,

Leon

icon

Best answer by Deepak 5 May 2023, 00:23

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

I just tried it. It worked for me by just deleting the entire text in the “Next Button Text” field. The default arrow then appeared automatically.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Worked for me also . I think you have to apply the changes and publish the survey again

Badge +2

Thanks for the replies. For some reason, it is not working for me. When I delete everything from the Next Button Text box, the text defaults to “Next Page”, like in the image below, but it acts like grey text, i.e. I can’t delete all or part of it. If I start typing it disappears.

Is it possible that there is some kind of style code that I’ve messed with somewhere?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Thanks for the replies. For some reason, it is not working for me. When I delete everything from the Next Button Text box, the text defaults to “Next Page”, like in the image below, but it acts like grey text, i.e. I can’t delete all or part of it. If I start typing it disappears.

Is it possible that there is some kind of style code that I’ve messed with somewhere?

Have you used simple layout? 

Badge +2

Yes, I’m using simple layout. I’ve only changed the primary and secondary colours, added in a header, and created some CSS that I use for the question styling only. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Yes, I’m using simple layout. I’ve only changed the primary and secondary colours, added in a header, and created some CSS that I use for the question styling only. 

The > < which you see is a part of default simple layout. You can use below custom css to remove it.

#navigation #next-button svg {
display: none;
}

#navigation #previous-button svg {
}

Also add → ← these arrows in place of Next-button and Back button you should have desired layout.

Hope it helps!

Badge +2

The > < which you see is a part of default simple layout. You can use below custom css to remove it.

#navigation #next-button svg {
}

#navigation #previous-button svg {
}

Also add → ← these arrows in place of Next-button and Back button you should have desired layout.

Hope it helps!

Perfect! Thanks so much :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

I got the code to work to remove the < > but no back button??, It’s working for the next button but not displaying the back button. Any suggestions?

Leave a Reply