Limit View of Specific Survey Blocks to Respondents | XM Community
Question

Limit View of Specific Survey Blocks to Respondents

• 25 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello!
My organization asked me to manage an ongoing survey that is available to the public on our website. The survey is organized into 3 blocks. Block 1 contains questions geared towards the respondent who accesses the survey through our website. Block 2 is meant for only myself to fill out based on the respondent's answers in block 1 and then finally block 3 is for a different group of people at my organization to complete. At the end of each block, an email trigger is set up to notify key people so that they may retake the survey and answer questions in their respective block. The problem is that even though the survey has a page break at the end of block 1 informing the initial respondent that the rest of the survey contains questions not intended for them, I still get respondents completing the rest of the questions and it is messing up the workflow and email triggers that are set up throughout the survey.
My question is there a way where I can limit the respondent that initiates the survey from the website to only be able to see and answer questions in the first block? I would need to maintain the ability to see and interact with their answers, add my own answers to block 2. The other staff collaborating on this survey would need the same access and controls as me.

I hope this explanation makes sense. I am relatively a newbie to the XM platform. Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

You can create an embedded data which identifies the source of the survey taken by the respondent at the beginning of the first block in your survey flow. Then after the end of block 1 you can create a branch logic and end the survey for the website survey takers. Try and see if this works.

Leave a Reply