Longitudinal Surveys - Ask same questions after randomization | XM Community
Solved

Longitudinal Surveys - Ask same questions after randomization

• 13 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello everybody, Qualtrics newcomer here :)
I am building a survey where respondents are randomly assigned to 4 out of 8 different blocks.
I would like then to send respondents a second survey, identical to the first one, where the block assignment is no more random but identical to the result of the first random assignment. That is, if individual A was randomly assigned to blocks 2,3,5,8 in the first survey, I would like her to be assigned to the same blocks 2,3,5,8 in the follow up survey.
How can I do this?
Thanks a lot!

icon

Best answer by Rudi 13 April 2022, 15:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

Hi Qubie_94,
there are different ways to achieve this. One way to do it would be:

1. to create 8 embedded data fields : 2ndSurvey_showBlock_1 ... 2ndSurvey_showBlock_2

2. initially set all the fields to 0 or leave them blank (to your liking)

3. then set the embedded data fields accordingly to 1 if respondents was assigned the respective block

4. add a workflow or contact list trigger, update the respondents contact data fields with the 8 embedded data fields

5. call the 8 fields in your second survey and base the display logic/branch on the 2ndSurvey_showBlock == 1

Best regards

Rudi

Badge

Thanks a lot Rudi!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

If you are sending the survey through email, in the first survey you can assign embedded data as the person answers each block.
image.pngimage.png Then update that data to that particular contact's XMD record using the workflow task in survey 1
image.pngThe data will be saved against the person's name in XMD here you will be able to see which blocks were shown to the person after the person answers the first survey
image.png
In the second survey just mention the embedded data and display the block using the embedded data value in branch logic
image.pngThis will help show only those blocks to the person that they had previously answered because that data will be picked from the XMD. This will work only for email as far as ik. Hope this helps :)

Badge +2

If you are sending the survey through email, in the first survey you can assign embedded data as the person answers each block.
image.pngimage.png Then update that data to that particular contact's XMD record using the workflow task in survey 1
image.pngThe data will be saved against the person's name in XMD here you will be able to see which blocks were shown to the person after the person answers the first survey
image.png
In the second survey just mention the embedded data and display the block using the embedded data value in branch logic
image.pngThis will help show only those blocks to the person that they had previously answered because that data will be picked from the XMD. This will work only for email as far as ik. Hope this helps :)

Omg you saved my life, thank you so much for posting this with screenshots!!

Leave a Reply