Response Report Link expiration | XM Community
Solved

Response Report Link expiration

• 5 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello Community,

We want to send the SingleResponseReportLink but its default expiration time is 7 days. Is there a way to have this link with no expiration?

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by vgayraud 6 December 2023, 14:28

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +38

Hi @SantiagoGomez97 

You can select “never” in your email task.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Can we update this expiration later? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @SantiagoGomez97 

You can select “never” in your email task.

Thanks, but we dont want to use it in the email task, we will use it in the Salesforce Integration, so we will embed the report using piped text ${​srr://SingleResponseReportLink}. The default expiration of this is 7 days. That expiration time is what we want to change.

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +38

That would need to be tested or confirmed with support, but I think adding the ?ttl=0 argument to your link allows to bypass the 7 days default. ${srr://SingleResponseReportLink?ttl=0}

Normally, you enter the expiration time in seconds (?ttl=86400 would be 1 day), but if I recall correctly =0 means the link won’t expire.

Userlevel 6
Badge +38

Yeah I just confirmed on the SF integration page :

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Yeah I just confirmed on the SF integration page :

Yesss, thank you!! saved my life! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

i have just noticed that our ${srr://SingleResponseReportLink?ttl=0} links are expiring and keep returning this error. I am contacting support right now about it

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

i have just noticed that our ${srr://SingleResponseReportLink?ttl=0} links are expiring and keep returning this error. I am contacting support right now about it

Hi @MsIreen, let us know what support replies please. We are using this link ${srr://SingleResponseReportLink?ttl=3122064000} in an email template message, and then use this email template in an XM Directory action with distribution in a workflow. We notice that this link isn’t generating… it just shows an empty spot in the mail where the link should be. When we don’t add the ttl parameter, it does seem to work…

So maybe a solution to your error could be related to ours?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @MsIreen, let us know what support replies please. We are using this link ${srr://SingleResponseReportLink?ttl=3122064000} in an email template message, and then use this email template in an XM Directory action with distribution in a workflow. We notice that this link isn’t generating… it just shows an empty spot in the mail where the link should be. When we don’t add the ttl parameter, it does seem to work…

So maybe a solution to your error could be related to ours?

Hi @JoycaV Apparently it was some sort of a glitch, that went away. And the links started working fine again.

Leave a Reply