Sending a custom certificate upon survey completion | XM Community

Sending a custom certificate upon survey completion

• 17 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

So...here's the situation. My team wants to see if we can use a trigger to send a certificate to someone when they finish a survey. Okay, that's easy enough. But the tricky part is the certificate needs to contain the user's name. So if Bob Jones finishes the survey, his certificate would have his name in it. I suspect such a thing is probably possible but would require some custom coding. Anyone ever heard of anything like that?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

MikeR That sounds like a great practice. I'm not sure of the exact coding that you would use to customize the certificate, but I would think you could add a link to the end of survey message that would take the respondent to a URL that would generate the certificate as a PDF. I hope that helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I thought of that, too! It's just the name part; how to get that embedded. And maybe a date, as well. I mean if I can pop in a name, I should be able to get in a date, too.

Badge +1

MikeR Were you able to figure out how to do this? Trying to do something like this as well

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You should be able to do piping from question In the survey to bring in the certificate. Type up the certificate in the workflow and send it that way.

Leave a Reply