do the intercepts update the contact information? | XM Community
Question

do the intercepts update the contact information?

• 27 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi 

I have an intercept with the option of link with XM directory, i am getting the variables when it creates the contact, but it is not updating the information afterwards, so if the region for the contact the first time the intercept was displayed was region 01, but the second time it was region 02 the system keep ths contact information as region 01.

Is this the expected behaviour or is there something i can do to update the contact information?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Erikahuer It is totally normal because the 1st intercept your contact doesn’t already exist but not the 2nd time. You can still update the contact information with a XM directory workflow. However, region of the intercept I think it’s transaction data, not contact data

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Thank you @dxconnamnguyen 
Can you give me some guidance with the  XM directory workflow to update information? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you @dxconnamnguyen 
Can you give me some guidance with the  XM directory workflow to update information? 

@Erikahuer This will helps you https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/xm-directory-task/

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Nam Nguyen,

I don’t get your point, why it is not updating?

Best,

Carlo

Leave a Reply