external data ref through API | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

external data ref through API

• 19 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I am trying to upload my contacts through the API, and I struggle to get the External Data Reference correct. If I upload data manually, the default name for that field is “External Data Reference”, but if I use that name programatically, it does not fill the column.

According to the reference, I should use the name “extRef”: api.qualtrics.com/bab13356ac724-create-transaction-contacts-import, but if I do that, I get an error message.

If I upload data and then download that same data again, the column of choice is actually called “extRef”

What is the correct naming (including capitalization, spaces, etc) to get this right?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @thijsheus ,

Please use the “extRef” field exactly as specified. If you still encounter errors, kindly provide the specific error message for further troubleshooting.

Thank you!

Badge +1

Thanks! That confirmation got me into better debugging. It turns out that my extRef was an int, and as a result got rejected. Converting the extRef to a string fixed the issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that the confirmation helped you with debugging.

Leave a Reply