5️⃣  5 For The Fight | Badge of the Month | May 2024 | XM Community
Skip to main content

5️⃣  5 For The Fight | Badge of the Month | May 2024

5️⃣  5 For The Fight | Badge of the Month | May 2024

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between May 1 and May 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge of the Month | May 2024

Task: Please consider donating for 5 for the Fight or the cancer charity of your choice! Share in the comments why you fight for this cause!

Happy 5 For The Fight Month! This month is an important one as we dedicate time and energy to the fight against cancer. Similar to last year, contributions will go directly to the 5 For The Fight Cancer Research Internship, a partnership between 5 For The Fight, Huntsman Cancer Institute, Howard University, and Morehouse College, as well as regional campaigns globally. 

The Qualtrics-led nonprofit, 5 For The Fight, is a global campaign inviting everyone to donate $5 to the fight against cancer. Each donation is made in honor of someone who is battling or has been touched by the disease. 5 For The Fight has raised more than $26 million to help eradicate cancer with one hundred percent of those funds donated directly to the world’s leading cancer researchers.

36 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello Everyone,

We've made it a tradition to contribute to our local children’s hospital (Sick Kids in Toronto), recognizing that our donations extend beyond just cancer patients and their families. Every child facing difficult circumstances or illnesses benefits from the resources and support provided. Our family personally experienced the invaluable assistance of the hospital when our daughter needed it most, and we're forever grateful for their care and dedication.

Ryan Reynolds has been running a campaign to help raise money for the hospital over the last few years as well:

Userlevel 7
Badge +59

I lost my sister, Erin Korengold Markowitz, to lymphoma in September 2020, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. She and I had been estranged for many years and I was not able to say goodbye to her. But I think about her every day; she was a mother of two boys and a gifted dancer. I miss her dearly and honor her whenever I can by taking part in 5 for the Fight, which funds cancer research at so many institutions. 

Adam, thank you for sharing your story. I am so sorry to read about your loss. 💜

Thanks, @Michael_Cooksey -- it’s been a while now but is still hard.

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

Loved that a vendor at X4 gave out money and gave us the opportunity to keep it or donate it to this cause! Of course we donated it back!

I was coming to say this same thing! That was so cool to have the opportunity to give back at a conference.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Which vendor & where were they at X4?  Disappointed I missed seeing this at the conference.

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

The one I was thinking of was at the 2023 X4 Experience. The Thursday night event was all about 5 for the fight.

Badge +9

Two of my close relatives were in hospital while i was still young and ignorant and they left due to cancer...

Those affected including their love ones needed both mental and physical support from others to not lose hope in the fight against cancer.

Campaigns or information should be shared regularly to

1) raise awareness of cancers.

2) remind others on the potential impact to their lives.

3) encourage check-up for possible early discovery.

Userlevel 7
Badge +39

Cancer has always been an issue of importance to me, as I lost my friend in it. Hopefully, one day there will be a cure to it.

Badge +31

I would like to donate to the Gujarat Cancer Society to support the community and contribute to the 5 for the Fight initiative.

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Join the fight against cancer by sharing information and raising awareness. Every little bit helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +44

Although I usually wave off the door-to-door fundraisers at home (there are too many!) this campaign resonates more deeply on two fronts. To begin with my mother who lost her long fight with cancer and secondly of course the discipline of Experience Management. So, absolutely no qualms making the donation and looking forward to continuing to collaborate and collectively realise the potential of XM!

Userlevel 3
Badge +22

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between May 1 and May 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

I donate monthly to a few different organizations, and will consider this one as well.  It is thoughtfully put and seems sincere.

Leave a Reply