Is "End of survey. Select Submit to finish." page automatically added in Simple Layout? | XM Community
Question

Is "End of survey. Select Submit to finish." page automatically added in Simple Layout?

• 17 August 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

And are we able to modify it or turn it off?

TIA!

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@ccosart you can edit the end of survey message block, or even redirect the user to a different url i.e. a website page.  Ultimately the respondent needs to land on something after pressing submit.  If it’s a message your seeing prior to submit button, that isn’t automatic unless it’s already in a template your perhaps using.  Any message remains editable, as well as editing the text of the next/submit button.

Refer to different options here: Editing the End of the Survey (qualtrics.com)

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@ccosart you can edit the end of survey message block, or even redirect the user to a different url i.e. a website page.  Ultimately the respondent needs to land on something after pressing submit.  If it’s a message your seeing prior to submit button, that isn’t automatic unless it’s already in a template your perhaps using.  Any message remains editable, as well as editing the text of the next/submit button.

Refer to different options here: Editing the End of the Survey (qualtrics.com)

Thanks, but that’s what is hard to figure out - it’s not the end of survey block OR the end of survey message in the Survey Flow. It’s an additional one that is being added in prior to the custom end of survey message.

Can’t find a place to edit it anywhere, so I’m guessing it has something to do with the conversion to Simple Layout.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@ccosart I haven’t seen that occur before so would recommend raising ticket with Support in case another setting is creating it or a bug exists as doesn’t sound right to me.

I know Security Scan Monitor adds a generic un-editable page to start a survey (if bot detected). So maybe another setting might be doing it on the submission side if it’s not appearing in survey flow, albeit sounds more like a bug to me. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

i’m also looking at this same “page” “”End of survey. Select Submit to finish” - not sure where to go to remove/disable this....
If @ccosart  you were able to find a solution and you can share - id be super grateful!  

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@tspr85281 have you tried raising this to support?  I too am keen to hear if you or @ccosart found a solution/cause; as it would be good to be aware of if there is a setting or something else adding this in.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@tspr85281@ScottG  I did raise this with tech support. It’s apparently a not yet documented feature of simple layout when autoadvance is turned on:

“The message that is displayed between the last question and the End of Survey is because the layout is set to simple and auto-advance is enabled, so this message will be automatically included.”

“You can get rid of this message either by turning off auto-advance, or by changing the layout from Simple to any other option. “

Not clear if we will be able to modify the message in the future. I thought about trying to use JQuery, but decided against it since they are rolling out features with simple layout at breakneck speed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@ccosart thanks so much for update.  I agree they are continuing to launch changes at breakneck speed, if it wasn’t for this community I’d be a lot less informed of them.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ScottG @ccosart - yeah it seems like changing the “layout” to another option worked. 
Thank you @ccosart for sharing your workaround! 

Badge +1

That’s disappointing for me as I’m required to use the Simple layout for accessibility reasons, I want to have auto advance, but I’d like to change the wording on that last page. Hopefully Qualtrics will allow some customization there in the near future. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +39

You can add this to your header in look & feel. I haven’t tested extensively though, if there are other #error-message ids somewhere it will cause trouble.

<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.7.1.js"
integrity="sha256-eKhayi8LEQwp4NKxN+CfCh+3qOVUtJn3QNZ0TciWLP4="
crossorigin="anonymous">
</script>
<script>
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function() {
jQuery("#error-message span").text("My new text");
}
)
</script>

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@tspr85281@ScottG  I did raise this with tech support. It’s apparently a not yet documented feature of simple layout when autoadvance is turned on:

“The message that is displayed between the last question and the End of Survey is because the layout is set to simple and auto-advance is enabled, so this message will be automatically included.”

“You can get rid of this message either by turning off auto-advance, or by changing the layout from Simple to any other option. “

Not clear if we will be able to modify the message in the future. I thought about trying to use JQuery, but decided against it since they are rolling out features with simple layout at breakneck speed.

Of note, 4 months later, and it’s still not documented.

Leave a Reply