🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2024 | XM Community
Skip to main content

🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2024

🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2024

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between June 1 and June 30, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge of the Month | June 2024

Question:

• How do you enjoy the environment? Examples: nature-inspired activity, outing, etc. Feel free to share images!

• Or, what eco-friendly efforts have you integrated into your life?

Celebrated on June 5th, World Environment Day is the largest global platform promoting environmental protection. World Environment Day was created in 1973 by the United Nations Environment Programme.

This topic has been closed for comments

42 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

To reduce energy consumption, use energy-efficient appliances and LED lighting. Additionally, turn off lights and unplug electronics when they are not in use.

Badge +2

I live in West Texas, so I have plenty of wide-open spaces to explore. My town has one of the only State Parks to exist within its city limits. Additionally, I bike to work (heat permitting) so I get to spend some time outdoors every day.

Userlevel 4
Badge +21

Living in Michigan we have a lot of beautiful lakes, state parks, county parks and nature trails. We are visiting the lakes as much as possible, especially now that Summer is here! 

When I do buy paper plates/plasticware I go for the biodegradable options. I am also big on recycling and repurposing clothing  so it doens’t sit in our landfills. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +25

As a kid, I always enjoyed with my brother playing in parks, as my home is near to a “National Park” 😊

Now that I have grown up, don’t go there so frequently however its a must visit place in the rainy season. Knowing the park for so long has helped me in attending night treks, and various other locations like caves which sometimes have a surprise visit from leopards 😉.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

I enjoy doing geocaching; it’s a great way to explore your surroundings and see things you might not have noticed otherwise. My husband and I are always discovering new plants and insects while we’re out geocaching. We also make it a habit to pick up any litter we come across while we’re out and about.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

We are fortunate to have some great walking trails within a short drive from home. Our favorite has wooden paths that crosses sections of a lake. For eco-friendly strategies, we use our refillable water bottles and coffee cups as much as possible

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

HI all, 

I am mostly trying to walk to work or take public transport. The overheating of the planet is visibly affecting all of us, so any small effort matters. Then making less garbage is my goal, but it seems quite an effort. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +22

Some of the pictures shared are awesome.  I live in the middle of nowhere Texas and very much enjoy it.  Wild animals, trees, even it if is 100 degrees outside right now!

Userlevel 5
Badge +37

I spend a lot of time hiking and camping across the US.

Userlevel 3
Badge +14

The most important efforts I have incorporated to my daily life is reducing Single-Use Plastics, I avoid using single-use plastic items like straws, bags, and bottles. Instead, I use reusable alternatives such as stainless steel straws, cloth bags, and metal or glass water bottles. I also separate recyclable materials from general waste and ensure they are properly recycled. 

I thought this was difficult but it changed my mind 🙃

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

These posts remind me how I need to go out and explore the wilderness more!  I mean I do it on holidays, but should make more of a habit of it.. 🚵

From an eco perspective - I am really big on buying local and sustainable where I can.  Both from an environmental perspective but I think it benefits the local economy as well, which I think in turn offsets sometimes the premium price you might pay for this (at least how I justify it).

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Hello from a sunny Copenhagen!

Love the outdoors and often take my kids fishing in the river close by our house. Grow a lot of things in the backyard as well. This year we went a little overboard with the garlic and are currently porting 356 garlic plants…. :)

@MattiasM -- so good to see your name pop up, and, as always, love the weather report 🇩🇰 Good luck making use of all the garlic! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

I am very much enjoying everyone’s posts, photos, and reflections on the importance of nature and the environment! 🌍

This summer I hope to spend less time tethered to electronic devices, and more time outside taking in the sights, sounds and smells of everything around me. It seems that as a society, we are more disconnected from our natural environments than ever before, and my thinking is that we need to reconnect to life as it was in the “before times” (before phones, laptops, screens, etc etc). I am lucky to be old enough to remember what it was all like before 👴🏻

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

We try to always include a nature theme into our vacations, this year we are heading back to Costa Rica so that will be very easy!

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

Our city has recently started offering a food compost option. My family tries to recycle and compost as much as we can (definitely not perfect). I recently visited the Grand Canyon for the first time and it’s just amazing how many vastly different places there are on our planet!

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Me and my husband are wildlife enthusiast, we explore the wildlife here in India and are also planning to visit Tanzania some time soon.

Also, my son, he likes to be with his feathery friends, we stay in a closed locality where we have pigeons, sparrows, crows and lush green gardens. He starts his morning with the birds and end it with his activities in the green grass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +59

Getting outside into the world is one of the most important things that I think we can do. As I write this I’m sitting on our back porch, with our newly adopted dog, in the summer sunshine. I think if we spent more time outdoors, we would be much more at ease with our world and the people in it.