Creating a New Workflow: Survey Submission to CSV File | XM Community

Creating a New Workflow: Survey Submission to CSV File

• 21 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi Team!

I’m Hoa, HR Officer at DiGiCOR in Australia. I was wondering if there is a way to convert survey submission to a CSV File once someone finished submitting it. I came accross this need where I have this survey open and I need to send a CSV file automatically to my IT Admin team so that they can create access to all the users that have submitted my survey. There should be individual CSV file that will be sent to the IT admin every time one user submit the form, so that the IT Admin can set up access to them. However, our system has yet to support API calls. 

I talked to one of the support team and they told me it could be a great product idea! So I was trying to share this discussion with everyone if you all experience the same thing.

Cheers,

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hello, 

As an alternative you can send an automatic email to IT including the response. Maybe they could have an idea on how to convert that email to a csv file. To do that you would need to create a workflow in the survey triggered once a new response was created, then you can add a task called “Send email” , here you can include the IT team email and also click on “include response report” and select as well if you want to include embedded data. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Assuming you do not have Qualtrics API access, we can also create an API which will accept all the questions response of a respondent and returns a csv file URL. Now we can send this file URL to concerned team via Email task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Good afternoon from a sunny Sweden!

Perhaps a dumb question, but is the desired end state that the user submitting the survey is set up as a user in Qualtrics or in some other system? 

I only ask because we have a Single Sign On (Okta) at my workplace, and we set Qualtrics as one of the tools people could get automatic access to. When clicking the link a basic user is automatically set up in Qualtrics. 

All the best

-Mattias

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

@ntramy45 - An easy way out here would be to create a workflow to populate responses to a google sheet or MS excel sheet + send an email to IT notifying them about the same. We can do both these tasks using the following workflows:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-page/tasks/google-sheets-task/

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-page/tasks/microsoft-excel-task/

Badge +2

Hi @DiegoMejia,

Thanks for your reply, however, this option might not be suitable for me as when I register the users, I do put down their personal details, of which it would not be ideal to disclose them to our IT Admin. Usually I will do a separate email and pick and choose the information I would disclose to the IT team, so probably giving the team the full response is not a suitable solution. 

Thanks anyway!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@ntramy45 If you haven't already, I’d recommend posting this in on Evolve, our new product ideation program. 😁 If you’re not sure how to post your idea, check out our Product Ideation Overview and our Create an Idea post.

Leave a Reply