🎵 Productivity Playlist | Badge of the Month | August 2023 | XM Community

🎵 Productivity Playlist | Badge of the Month | August 2023

🎵 Productivity Playlist | Badge of the Month | August 2023
Badge +48

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between August 1 and August 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge Of The Month | August 2023 

Task: Share a song that makes you feel productive!

The XM Community is building a Spotify playlist, which you can access on the bottom right of community discussion lists. This playlist’s mood is inspiring, productive, and fun. We want this playlist to feel just like this unique community, which is made by you. So, we need your music recommendations! Comment a YouTube or Spotify link to a song (or songs) of your choice and we will add it to the community playlist. Together, we’ll create the perfect playlist to listen to while on the community or working on a Qualtrics project. 

This topic has been closed for comments

94 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Unstoppable by Sia ~ This is quite effective for me! 🙂

link: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

That’s really a tough question!

The music that lets me be productive depends extremely strongly on my mood and on my tasks. Sometimes I need very quiet music, sometimes it has to be fast, hard and loud.

Here is a small selection from the entire range of music I have on when I am sitting alone in my home office.

Passa il tempo | Schmidbauer, Pollina, Kälberer

What is eternal | Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Space Oddity | David Bowie

Jeanny | Falco

No One But You | Queen

Hel | Skálmöld & Sinfóníuhljómsveit Íslands

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

Interesting and fun topic this month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

That’s really a tough question!

The music that lets me be productive depends extremely strongly on my mood and on my tasks. Sometimes I need very quiet music, sometimes it has to be fast, hard and loud.

Here is a small selection from the entire range of music I have on when I am sitting alone in my home office.

Passa il tempo | Schmidbauer, Pollina, Kälberer

What is eternal | Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Space Oddity | David Bowie

Jeanny | Falco

No One But You | Queen

Hel | Skálmöld & Sinfóníuhljómsveit Íslands

@ManfredBM I love the addition of Viking Rock to this playlist 🇮🇸🤘

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Interesting and fun topic this month.

@Tonya_Fulton Nice to have some country music additions! 🤠

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Agree this is a hard one to narrow down choices on!  Decided to rep a older aussie dance tracks to help narrow down my list, which all keep me productive during the day.

Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars

Midnight Juggernauts - Into the galaxy

Sneaky Sound System - UFO

PNAU - Wild Strawberries

Cut Copy - Hearts on fire

Badge +48

@ScottG These are great selections! Have you heard Lights & Music by Cut Copy

Badge +48

@ManfredBM Love the Bowie 🚀 addition to the playlist!  

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Thanks for adding this topic, its great to get the list from all.

Here is what I would like to share:

1. Movie Sanju: Kar Har Maidaan Fateh
  2. Movie Rocky III: Eye of the Tiger • Survivor
  3. Movie Iqbal: Aashayein

Hope you like it :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello everyone, I thought it’d be fun to share a few songs that have been stuck in my head these past few weeks! 🕺🏽 Some are in English and others in Spanish, but they all  make me wanna groooooove. 😎

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Here are few songs that I listen during my workout sessions which keeps me motivated and energetic.💪💪

Spirits - The Strumbellas

Bones - Imagine Dragons

Enemy - Imagine Dragons & JID

The Rock - Face Off (Official Music Video) Tech Nine

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

This month topic is awesome.

Songs make me more patient, concentrated.

Here is my playlist:

•  

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@ScottG These are great selections! Have you heard Lights & Music by Cut Copy

Sure do, another great song! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I would love to share some songs I listen to based on certain events. 

1. Walking into work in such a “great mood” (Patrick Bateman style) 

2. Vibing during the day being productive 

3. Typically rushing a project thats due in the next 30 seconds (started within the hour) JKJK 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I’m old school and still pretty much an album guy. One of the underappreciated aspects of working at home is being able to play music out loud, and not bother people in the office (just family and neighbors). When I hit a wall in the afternoon I like to throw on Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden; Rusty Cage is a great opening track to change the energy! (RIP Chris Cornell.)

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hey everyone! I am a very big Disney fan and found a continuous Disney soundtrack that matches what it would look like if you were watching the Disneyworld Resort TV channel during your vacation. I listen to this when I have a bunch of offline project work and it helps move the day along! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBsyKLK-XT0 Additionally, http://soundsofdisneyland.com/ is a fantastic resource where you can find any and all soundtracks at Disneyland. I hope this gets to another Disney fan like me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

I would love to share some songs I listen to based on certain events. 

1. Walking into work in such a “great mood” (Patrick Bateman style) 

2. Vibing during the day being productive 

3. Typically rushing a project thats due in the next 30 seconds (started within the hour) JKJK 

Love the Patrick Bateman reference 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

I’m old school and still pretty much an album guy. One of the underappreciated aspects of working at home is being able to play music out loud, and not bother people in the office (just family and neighbors). When I hit a wall in the afternoon I like to throw on Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden; Rusty Cage is a great opening track to change the energy! (RIP Chris Cornell.)

Excellent choices -- and much respect for vinyl! 🎶🎸

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between August 1 and August 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge Of The Month | August 2023 

Task: Share a song that makes you feel productive!

The XM Community is building a Spotify playlist, which you can access on the bottom right of the community homepage. This playlist’s mood is inspiring, productive, and fun. We want this playlist to feel just like this unique community, which is made by you. So, we need your music recommendations! Comment a YouTube or Spotify link to a song (or songs) of your choice and we will add it to the community playlist. Together, we’ll create the perfect playlist to listen to while on the community or working on a Qualtrics project. 

This is a very difficult question, but a great one because I have found some great songs from others in this group to listen to when working! 😀

When I work in Qualtrics, I like listening to classic, instrumental music. My favorite artist is Ludovico Einaudi + my favorite song of his is “Experience.”

Badge +30

This one works for me as a productive song:

I'M A BEAST Official Video by T. Powell - YouTube

YouTube

https://www.youtube.com › watch

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

When I think of music to be productive to, I often don’t think of songs so much as albums or general sounds. These are three (well, one song and two albums) of amazing 20th-century jazz that creates a great atmosphere:

Take Five - song and lyrics by The Dave Brubeck Quartet | Spotify -- an incredible, long piece that I will confess to having had on repeat for more than an hour. What sets it apart is that -- true to its name -- it’s on a 5/4 time signature.

Kind Of Blue (Legacy Edition) - Album by Miles Davis | Spotify -- one of the greatest jazz albums of all time.

Tenor Madness - Album by Sonny Rollins Quartet | Spotify -- Sonny Rollins and John Coltrane, with another one of the greatest jazz albums of all time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

I can’t listen to music while I work, but I love the playlist anyway!

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

When I think of music to be productive to, I often don’t think of songs so much as albums or general sounds. These are three (well, one song and two albums) of amazing 20th-century jazz that creates a great atmosphere:

Take Five - song and lyrics by The Dave Brubeck Quartet | Spotify -- an incredible, long piece that I will confess to having had on repeat for more than an hour. What sets it apart is that -- true to its name -- it’s on a 5/4 time signature.

Kind Of Blue (Legacy Edition) - Album by Miles Davis | Spotify -- one of the greatest jazz albums of all time.

Tenor Madness - Album by Sonny Rollins Quartet | Spotify -- Sonny Rollins and John Coltrane, with another one of the greatest jazz albums of all time.

So happy to see some Jazz selections on this thread! Great choices. 

Not sure if anyone else here is also a fan of Jazz vocals, but I’m a big Nancy King/Fred Hersch fan from back in the day. Fall will be here before you know it and this is a great track 🍂

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Depends on my mood but a good show tune always does the trick.  Love any song from Hamilton or The Greatest Showman

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

Hey everyone! I am a very big Disney fan and found a continuous Disney soundtrack that matches what it would look like if you were watching the Disneyworld Resort TV channel during your vacation. I listen to this when I have a bunch of offline project work and it helps move the day along! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBsyKLK-XT0 Additionally, http://soundsofdisneyland.com/ is a fantastic resource where you can find any and all soundtracks at Disneyland. I hope this gets to another Disney fan like me!

Hi!  Also a huge Disney fan, and shockingly have not heard of Sounds of Disneyland.  So - you did reach another Disney fan and I’m going to check it out right now!  My favorite Disney music site is https://www.d-cot.com/ and I LOVE listening to the loops and ride-throughs on it.  Enjoy!