5️⃣  5 For The Fight | Badge of the Month | May 2023 | XM Community

5️⃣  5 For The Fight | Badge of the Month | May 2023

5️⃣  5 For The Fight | Badge of the Month | May 2023
Badge +48

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between May 1 and May 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge of the Month | May 2023

Task: Join the XM Community’s 5K For The Fight team

Here at Qualtrics, we care a lot about cancer research. This year, our community is participating in 5K For The Fight, a way to get active, raise money, and come together for cancer research. Join our team and sign up for a virtual or in-person event. Then, comment the event you chose, why you selected the event, your plans and/or your experience participating! Alternatively, donate $5 to the cause and comment why you fight!

The Qualtrics-led nonprofit, 5 For The Fight, is a global campaign inviting everyone to donate $5 to the fight against cancer. Each donation is made in honor of someone who is battling or has been touched by the disease. 5 For The Fight has raised more than $26 million to help eradicate cancer with one hundred percent of those funds donated directly to the world’s leading cancer researchers.

Earn Prizes

Virtual Events

• 5K (5 kilometers, 3.1 miles) 
    May 15 - 19, 2023
    The Virtual, Global 5K For The Fight 

• Peloton Ride
    12:00 PM EST | May 14, 2023
    30-Minute ride with Ally Love (EMEA + NA friendly)

7:00 AM EST | May 15, 2023 
    45-Minute ride with Ally Love (EMEA + some of NA friendly) 

• The Do 5 Challenge
    Choose your own adventure event in May 
    Get creative with anything you can think of (5, 50, or 500 of them)

In-Person Events

• 5K Run (5 kilometers, 3.1 miles) 
    May 15 - 18, 2023
    A Qualtrics office near you
    Select the in-person option and get invited to a group run/walk from a Qualtrics office near you.

• Pickleball Doubles Bracketed Tournament
    May 15 - 18, 2023 
    Qualtrics HQ | Provo, Utah
    Register by April 28th to participate in a 64 team, bracket-style tournament.

• "5-on-The-Line" Basketball Challenge
    May 31, 2023 
    Qualtrics HQ | Provo, Utah
    5 on the free-throw line in a basketball shootout

This topic has been closed for comments

57 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

I was happy to donate to this great cause. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +21

I am participating in the virtual 5K since I am not close to any of the in-person events!  In the last few years, I have lost 2 cousins, an uncle, and a wonderful woman who was like a second mom to me to cancer.  

Badge +48

I was happy to donate to this great cause. 

Thank you so much for donating - every dollar counts when it comes to the fight against cancer 🎗️

Badge +48

I am participating in the virtual 5K since I am not close to any of the in-person events!  In the last few years, I have lost 2 cousins, an uncle, and a wonderful woman who was like a second mom to me to cancer.  

I am so sorry to hear about your losses🎗️

Thank you so much for sharing how cancer has impacted your life and. your loved ones. I am really glad that we can come together to make such a significant change 💜

And, thank you so much for your participation and contributions to our team!

Badge +48

I am incredibly excited about our May Badge of the Month! 5 For the Fight is a wonderful opportunity to share our experiences and come together for a common cause 💜

Cancer has had a massive impact on my family and my loved ones. My 5 is for my grandmother who died of pancreatic cancer when I was in high school. My 5 is also for my other grandmother, who is a 3-time cancer survivor - she has beaten both colon and breast cancer! 🎗

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

I’m not close to any of the in-person events but they sound awesome. Great to see that there are virtual options as well for those to help out to this great cause! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +51

I will join to the virtual 5K!! with @luisagallegovoce 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

5 For The Fight is such an important initiative, and it’s wonderful to see how impactful this program has been in the battle to eradicate cancer. I’m so proud to be a part of this important movement 💪💜

Userlevel 4
Badge +21

Luckily, my family doesn't die of cancer or have a hard time, but I know that many acquaintances and their families are suffering from it. I am very happy to share a meaningful experience. I hope many people will have an opportunity to cheer up.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Happy to donate to this initiative in support of many loved ones who have faced this battle❤

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I am very proud to be able to donate to this incredibly important cause. My heart goes out to all of those who have had cancer affect their lives. 💜

Badge +48

I will join to the virtual 5K!! with @luisagallegovoce 

Thank you so much for participating Isa 😍 and @luisagallegovoce! With your help we are even closer to meeting our goal! 

Badge +48

Happy to donate to this initiative in support of many loved ones who have faced this battle❤

Thank you so much for your donation, time, and help 💌

Badge +48

Luckily, my family doesn't die of cancer or have a hard time, but I know that many acquaintances and their families are suffering from it. I am very happy to share a meaningful experience. I hope many people will have an opportunity to cheer up.

So grateful that your family hasn’t been directly impacted 💜 Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

Happy to have donated in memory of my grandfather, who died of cancer in 2008.  What a wonderful badge idea for this month.  Hope you beat your goal!!

Badge +30

I am participating in the virtual 5K since I am not close to any of the in-person events! I would like to join this cause, to help and support the people in need and to make my tiny contribution 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Good afternoon from a cloudy Sweden! 

I am unfortunately unable to join any of your races, but I will actually run a 5k race this Saturday called “Lundaloppet” which is a local 10/5k race here in the town of Lund, Sweden. I’ll be sure to think of you as a suffer through each meter :)

All the best

-Mattias

Userlevel 5
Badge +33

I’m not close to any of the in-person events, but I donated in honor of my younger brother who just beat his cancer this year!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

I’ve joined this years virtual team in honor of my sister, Erin Korengold, who lost her battle to lymphoma in 2020. I miss her dearly and in her honor, will make 50 swings in a batting cage this month. Working at the National Institutes of Health, where committed scientists find cures for so many diseases, I’m happy to see the work that 5 for the Fight does for cancer research, especially at institutions like Howard University.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Wish all the teams the best of luck! I typically donate through my workplace which does matched donations but definitely a great cause and I hope lots is raised!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

I can now confirm I ran the 5k on Saturday and I can now confirm that I could hardly move yesterday and it’s even worse today. But I’ll take it any day for this wonderful cause!

All the best

-Broken-Mattias

Userlevel 5
Badge +36

Looking forward to participating in the virtual 5K!

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

I can now confirm I ran the 5k on Saturday and I can now confirm that I could hardly move yesterday and it’s even worse today. But I’ll take it any day for this wonderful cause!

All the best

-Broken-Mattias

I both hate and love when that happens.  I like knowing I worked hard and that’s why my body is so sore….but also, being uncomfortable is no fun!  Way to go on finishing it!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

I’ve joined this years virtual team in honor of my sister, Erin Korengold, who lost her battle to lymphoma in 2020. I miss her dearly and in her honor, will make 50 swings in a batting cage this month. Working at the National Institutes of Health, where committed scientists find cures for so many diseases, I’m happy to see the work that 5 for the Fight does for cancer research, especially at institutions like Howard University.

Update: here I am getting my fifty swings in yesterday. It was a beautiful morning in the Washington, DC area. I left with sore hands (I use a wooden bat) and shoulders, and a full heart.

Badge +48

Happy to have donated in memory of my grandfather, who died of cancer in 2008.  What a wonderful badge idea for this month.  Hope you beat your goal!!

Thank you so much for your support and donation, Jessica 😁

I’m so sorry to hear about your grandfather! Hopefully, we can stop cancer in its tracks, together!