💡 XM Community Learnings | Badge of the Month | July 2023 | XM Community

💡 XM Community Learnings | Badge of the Month | July 2023

💡 XM Community Learnings | Badge of the Month | July 2023
Badge +48

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between July 3 and July 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge Of The Month | July 2023

Task: Tell us about something you learned from the XM Community in the past year!

Our members can accomplish a variety of goals through the XM Community! We want to learn more about how you use the XM Community to achieve your professional goals! Did a community discussion help drive change at your workplace? Maybe, you discovered a new product feature on the XM Community. Or, you attended a community event that gave you a whole new perspective on a project! Share some of the incredible things you learned from the XM Community.  Alternatively, tell us about some of the most significant goals you have met through your community.

52 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I use XM Community in a few ways:

1. To see what’s in the pipeline for release
  2. To get ideas on how others are using XM and to learn new things
  3. I occasionally get to help others, which is fulfilling and also a great test of my own knowledge
  4. I get to see what product gaps others are also experiencing, which helps me figure out what I might put in the Evolve platform
  5. Stay informed about events and content Qualtrics is offering

I think I learn something new every time I log in. Especially some of the more advanced survey functionality. It’s also really cool to see different solutions to the same problems.

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

I didn’t realize just how much I used the Community until it was down for the transition.  All the tips, tricks and custom code that you won’t find in the support documents have resulted in a completely different survey experience for our employees.  It may not seem like much, but even minor formatting changes can significantly impact both perception and ease of completion, which can increase the quality & quantity of responses.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I didn’t realize just how much I used the Community until it was down for the transition.  All the tips, tricks and custom code that you won’t find in the support documents have resulted in a completely different survey experience for our employees.  It may not seem like much, but even minor formatting changes can significantly impact both perception and ease of completion, which can increase the quality & quantity of responses.

The custom code is so helpful.

Userlevel 6
Badge +41

The XM Community has helped me in a number of ways like:
💜 the chance to attend Qualtrics events in Amsterdam with industry leading guest speakers, thought provoking presentations and interesting break out sessions
💚 motivate me to get trained and certified in the XM Fundamentals strengthening my professional experience management credentials
💙 give me a sense of belonging. Being part of arguably one of the largest experience communities in the world means having a network of like minded peers with chances to learn and engage on a wide range of experience related topics
🖤 inspire me to participate and contribute in the Five-For-the-Fight fundraising events in honour of my mom who lost the fight to cancer
💛 encourage me in my ongoing efforts within my organisation to realise the potential of iterative improvements leading to better client experiences

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

I can only reiterate what @EmilyErickson  has already said:
Besides the official product updates from Qualtrics, the community is a wonderful place to see other people's questions and problems and thus come up with completely new ideas.

This community is one of Qualtrics' greatest assets. I am glad that this community with all the great members exists! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

The XM Community has not only helped answer a couple of questions I have had, I’ve learnt much more by reading everyone else’s questions and solutions.  I find it very inspiring to learn how others are using the platform and it often inspires ideas for opportunities with our own programs. 

Examples:

• What functions are coming, or enhancements we missed in prior updates.  
  • How to make better use of TextiQ
  • Ticketing workflow tips
  • Recently learnt users can delete their own tickets (didn’t even cross my mind this could occur).  So not all things I learn is positive, however it’s also good to be aware of the platform issues/limitations as well. 
Badge +30

With the help of XM Community, I have learned new ways of modifying survey and making use of API’s which can help in providing a better experience to the end user.

Userlevel 4
Badge +20

As someone involved in many different platform communities, Qualtrics is hands down, by far THE BEST

In addition to staying informed on the recent releases I seek the community for answers, tips, tricks and custom code that the KB doesn’t have.  So many times I have been looking for information on one topic but stumbled onto something else that made me go “ohhhh, that’s cool, I can use that”. I am continuously improving, thanks to the XM Community! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +36

I use javascript code from the XM community in almost every survey I create to customize the appearance and functionality. Recently, I’ve also been tracking product updates.

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

XM Community is great source to achieve the goal of your customer in case of any roadblock.

Glance at the latest features allows me to upgrade my Qualtrics knowledge along which I can give great experience to the customer for their program.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

I have learned how to use “Qualtrics JavaScript Question API Class”. Earlier I used to work on generic jQuery script to achieve custom requirement. But now I have started using the JS API classes as well after reading some query threads and solution provided by expertise. Thanks!! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

In the past year, I learned a lot from the XM Community. I learned about new product features, attended community events, and participated in discussions that helped me drive change at my workplace. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow from the XM Community, and I am excited to see what I can accomplish in the coming year.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I'm a customer experience professional, and I've been using the XM Community for a few years now. I've found it to be a valuable resource for learning about new trends in customer experience, getting advice from other professionals, and finding solutions to problems I'm facing.

1. One of the most valuable things I've learned from the XM Community is the importance of listening to customers. I've read many discussions on the community where people share their experiences as customers, and it's always eye-opening to hear their perspectives. It's also been helpful to learn about different methods for collecting customer feedback.
  2. Another thing I've learned from the XM Community is the importance of measuring customer experience. I've read many articles and discussions on the community about different metrics for measuring customer experience, and it's helped me to understand how to track the success of my customer experience initiatives.
  3. Finally, I've learned a lot from the XM Community about the importance of collaboration. I've participated in many discussions on the community where people share their ideas and collaborate on solutions to problems. This has helped me to learn from others and to build relationships with other customer experience professionals.
  4. Overall, I've found the XM Community to be a valuable resource for learning and growing as a customer experience professional. I'm grateful for the opportunity to connect with other professionals and to learn from their experiences.

Here are some specific examples of things I've learned from the XM Community:

• How to use customer journey mapping to understand the customer experience.
  • How to conduct customer interviews to collect feedback.
  • How to measure customer satisfaction with surveys and other metrics.
  • How to use data to improve the customer experience.
  • How to collaborate with other teams to create a customer-centric organization.

I've applied these learnings in my own work, and I've seen a positive impact on the customer experience at my company. I'm confident that I'll continue to learn and grow from the XM Community in the years to come.

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

I have learned a lot from the XM Community. There’s so much about new releases, custom coding, etc. This community has been a great help every time when I was in need. Be it anything, there’s nothing that this community cannot help with. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

I have found a lot of value in the XM Community because I really like to learn new things constantly and this is the perfect space to ask and discuss and understand the different ways to solve any problem. 

Particularly I enjoy reading discussions and I feel amazed with the amount of knowledge that I can find in each one of them. I try myself to contribute a little bit but most of the time I’m feeding my curiosity and learning new things both from the participants’ question and the XM Community activities. 

In general what I take the most from the XM Community are the custom codes to do some things that we can’t do natively. It has solved many needs on my company.

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

What have I learned from XM Community?  A lot!  

• I am constantly amazed at the custom code solutions.  I am not the one who primarily programs surveys in my organization, but I do help out from time to time.  I don’t stress about doing it, because I know if I run into an issue there will likely already be a discussion on it that I can pull from (and if not - this group will KNOW how to solve).
  • I’m a data analyst, so I have enjoyed hearing how other people treat/analyze data.  Most recently, I posed a question about how frequently to be looking for speeders/straightliners.  I had only been doing that analysis with our branding survey that uses panel data, but now am probably going to implement for at least our employee survey as well (because honestly, the desire to “speed through” is nearly universal so I shouldn’t be limiting where I look for that). 

So long story short - I feel like XM Community helps me keep up-to-date with best practices and helps me do my job better!

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

I have really appreciated the opportunity to have a platform to ask questions (and view other questions) while getting amazing answers, suggestions, and support.

I work for a school district and have used the community to learn about areas I am not familiar with, like HR practices, to try and support our internal uses.

While I don’t understand any of it, I love when coding suggestions are given and they work for me, without this community, I would have no way of gathering this valuable information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

As someone involved in many different platform communities, Qualtrics is hands down, by far THE BEST

In addition to staying informed on the recent releases I seek the community for answers, tips, tricks and custom code that the KB doesn’t have.  So many times I have been looking for information on one topic but stumbled onto something else that made me go “ohhhh, that’s cool, I can use that”. I am continuously improving, thanks to the XM Community! 

This is an astonishing and wonderful testimonial! We are so pleased you’re a part of the XM Community! 💜

Userlevel 6
Badge +52

XM Community has helped me to solve a lot of questions about creative ways to solve things in EX and API :) I always find here new possibilities to face my challenges and work around my problems 

Userlevel 4
Badge +22

It’s really hard for me to narrow down specific things that I’ve learned, but a common theme is the ongoing willingness to share and support other Qualtrics users! There have been a few times where I was completely out of ideas, but folks were so quick to offer brilliant solutions. I also love answering questions others posts -- it often results in new ideas for how I use Qualtrics for my programs too!

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

The XM community is a great place to deepen your basic understanding of the Qualtrics platform. The XM community has helped me learn many new things that help me deliver the best to my customers. All the new product releases and custom codes are very helpful. The XM community has helped me whenever I've had a problem with Qualtrics - all you have to do is search in community and you can get a solution from the experts.

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

I am able to better comprehend market trends and various application cases thanks to the XM community. My perspective and method of handling any problems have expanded as a result. It has undoubtedly always kept me informed of the latest Qualtrics features and products.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Good afternoon from a cloudy Sweden!

I can only join in the choir that this is an awesome Community and the first one where I actually end up spending some substantial time learning and seeing how others are innovating and using the product in ways that I don’t use it. 

Also, one thing that was solved just a few weeks ago is that fact that I can use a community post from four years ago, so solve my issues here today. Great use of keeping the knowledge on the community so it can be re-used. 

All the best

-Mattias

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Recently working again on Survey Programming after quite a few years. Got very much help regarding JavaScript and Survey Flow and recently working on dashboards. All the help required was there in the community. A great platform for learn new things.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Thanks to Qualtrics, we have a platform where all questions are addressed and knowledge is shared across regions / verticals. The amount of knowledge and the quality of the information shared is exceptional.

While, I had taken a pause using the community platform directly, my team continues to utilize the tool for:

1. Understanding about whats new
  2. Address any technical questions
  3. Share best practices as applicable

Truly, Love It!!!

Leave a Reply