💫 Hidden Talents | Badge of the Month | September 2023 | XM Community

💫 Hidden Talents | Badge of the Month | September 2023

• 5 September 2023
  • 88 replies
💫 Hidden Talents | Badge of the Month | September 2023
Badge +48

BADGE OF THE MONTH

Hidden Talents | September 2023

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between September 1 and September 29, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Task: Comment and share a talent / skill that you are proud of!

Our community is comprised of thousands of professionals and industry experts with talents beyond experience management. Maybe you’re an incredible musician, a skilled craftsman, or someone who can hold their breath for minutes! Whatever your talent may be, we want to learn all about it! Comment and share a skill or talent that you are proud of to earn this month’s badge!

This topic has been closed for comments

88 replies

Badge +48

💫 I am really excited about this month’s badge! The talent I’d like to share with the community is my ability to paint! 💫

Here is a 6 ft by 3 ft acrylic painting that I finished a few months ago. The painting is of Banff, Canada, a place I’d like to visit 🏔 Are there any other artists in the community?!

Userlevel 6
Badge +41

You keep um coming @AmaraW ! What a great opportunity to NOT be modest and show ourselves in a different light . Outside of #ExperienceManagement and my Service Management profession I've developed the following skills and talents that I'm proud of! 

💜International 🌍 literally travelled around the world, lived in 9 countries and visited dozens of countries in Europe and Asia and speak 3 languages (English, French and Dutch) 😁

💛Sports - call me a jack of all sports! I swam 🏊🏻competitively in High School, rowed while in University, did triathlons (not the Iron Man but Olympic distances) now practice KickBoxing 🥊and go skiing 🎿 with the family every winter ⛄

💚Green - while going to college tree planted 🌲every summer, got a certificate in Environmental Management 📜 bike 🚲to go grocery shopping, at home we reuse, repurpose and repair stuff ♻ and split our garbage in 5 ways (plastics, kitchen & garden, paper, glass & metal and remain) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +41

💫 I am really excited about this month’s badge! The talent I’d like to share with the community is my ability to paint! 💫

Here is a 6 ft by 3 ft acrylic painting that I finished a few months ago. The painting is of Banff, Canada, a place I’d like to visit 🏔 Are there any other artists in the community?!

wow @AmaraW that’s beautiful, what popping colours! Great to see a classic bit of Canadiana 🍁

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Amazing painting @AmaraW.  I too paint; but could never paint anything realistic like you accomplished there.  I realised I can only paint abstract paintings; if it’s meant to look like a particular thing I just can’t handle it and don’t have the patience for it.   I can’t upload any of mine; as my work security settings don’t allow me to add files/images to comments - but again, got nothing on that painting of yours. 

I also used to work as a jeweller and for a time I made sculptures and homewares in resin too.  I love to be creative; but finding the time and the space for it makes it difficult to keep up on my end. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @AmaraW …. Just like yours… i made this canvas a few months ago of a nebula and the gas clouds, stars ✨💫  with a moon as a showstopper in there🌖👀

not as perfect as your but a try to it✨🫣

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Wow, it’s amazing @AmaraW , you are super talented. 😍

I love cooking a lot. If I wasn’t a programmer so I definitely had a restaurant in my city. 😂

Badge +30

I am a certified yoga coach, and I love to help people's posture, flexibility, and strength.

Userlevel 6
Badge +39

Wow, impressive paintings @AmaraW and @Shivamvig_sv !

I am also a pictorial arts hobbyist, but my specific fields are pencil portrait drawing and photography.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Hi @AmaraW …. Just like yours… i made this canvas a few months ago of a nebula and the gas clouds, stars ✨💫  with a moon as a showstopper in there🌖👀

great work @Shivamvig_sv . Keep it up brother. :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @AmaraW …. Just like yours… i made this canvas a few months ago of a nebula and the gas clouds, stars ✨💫  with a moon as a showstopper in there🌖👀

great work @Shivamvig_sv . Keep it up brother. :)

Thankyou @ArunDubey  ….. means alot!😇

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I am a distance runner and just completed my first marathon in January.  It’s taught me a lot of skills that I can use in both my professional and personal life, like perseverance, discipline,  and how to break large goals into smaller everyday ones.  It’s also a great way to destress after a long day!  The picture below is from the first half I completed in Disney 2017.  I will say that race is one of the three things in my life I am the most proud of.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I definitely can’t paint or draw as well as some of you! But I’d say my hobby is playing the flute. I try to figure out how to play songs from Britney Spears to the Weeknd, just anything that’s on my playlist at the moment.

Badge +48

I definitely can’t paint or draw as well as some of you! But I’d say my hobby is playing the flute. I try to figure out how to play songs from Britney Spears to the Weeknd, just anything that’s on my playlist at the moment.

Omg! @Michael_Cooksey is a fantastic flutist as well!!!! 

Badge +48

@Shivamvig_sv I love your painting!! It is so dreamy and beautiful -  I can’t wait to see what you paint next! 🎨

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Shivamvig_sv I love your painting!! It is so dreamy and beautiful -  I can’t wait to see what you paint next! 🎨

Likewise @AmaraW!!
surely will be going to grab those paints and brushes and get some artistic strokes on the canvas again 👀🤌🏻

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

I am not a great painter as you gyus are but whenever i am stressed out or exhausted i just take paper and pencil and start to draw cartoon characters which i used to watch (still watching 😉).

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Amazing paintings @AmaraW and @Shivamvig_sv 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

My Hobby/Talent is to learn different different languages . Here’s a list of languages I can speak:

1. Hindi
  2. English
  3. Marathi
  4. Telugu
  5. Marwari
  6. French
  7. Spanish

Learning more and more... 😁😁

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

My talent is to learn something new and don’t give up on what I learned already :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

That’s amazing!!!  Such lovely work!

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

Not sure if these are talents but….

• I love Disney (see August badge discussion 😊 ) - ergo I am a wealth of Disney knowledge.  I’d say my “biggest talent” is helping friends and family plan trips - I know all the tips and tricks to hopefully help them have a great time!  Secondarily, I know a lot of Disney movie trivia.  
  • Growing up, I did a lot of theater and show choir.  I was thrilled that my daughters went that route as well.  My talent is that I’m a great stage mom - I have a “mom bag” that basically has anything we might need on performance day!  You need safety pins or bobby pins or an extra pair of tights or a hair tie or a Tylenol or a bottle of water...I’ve got it!  (Yep, this one is totally a stretch as a talent...but I’ve found it useful on more than one occasion so I’m counting it!)
Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Amazing Art @AmaraW! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

While I am not an amazing artist, I enjoy doodling occasionally. Aside from work, my hidden talent lies in studying company fundamentals, analyzing their stock price charts. Based on my research, I have the ability to predict and select potentially lucrative investment opportunities. 📊💰

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

My talent is to learn something new and don’t give up on what I learned already :)

@rgupta15 That really is a talent and something that I need to work on!😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello and good afternoon from a sunny Sweden! 

That.looks.simply.amazing @AmaraW  - VERY impressive! :)

I don’t have much of a singing voice (my wife often tells me), but I have been known to actually be able to carry a half decent tone while whistling. :)

Always something! 

All the best

-Mattias

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Once again a great topic, thanks for bringing this up @AmaraW 

Used to be a stage artist once and had participated in few plays too. While things are different now, would surely love to play a small role in some events :)